New York

This year I will be spending a couple of months beginning April 10 in New York.  The goal is to watch, observe and work in theaters in New York.  To me New York means a place where people who are serious about performance and theater get a chance to work with established companies and learn from experienced artists.  There is always that moment when you go to a place where people are doing things you have always dreamed of doing and there is a feeling of excitement, pressure and curiosity.  I felt all this  and at times did feel overwhelmed.  But, I choose to look at all this as an opportunity to be around people who are serious and dedicated to the art they are in.  Artists here are here because they believe in the possibility of them achieving their goals.  This mindset is important to be around.  If you want something and you are around people who either have it or work on getting it, you see what you need and where you are in your own pursuit.  I believe this time spent in New York, will help answer these questions for myself.

Comments