Today : a poem

 TODAY
I saw a birth in the sky, 
can you tell a child about the world? 
When you speak the first words,
you don't mention wars or treachery of man. 
For a child we begin with gentle petals of a yellow flower
or we offer sounds of birds. 
We imitate for the young heart 
expressions
contort our faces,
make big eyes,
stretch our mouths, 
all that we do for a smile. 
We don't remember cruelty at 
the street corner outside our home. 
Today is a child in my lap
waiting to learn about the world.
About you.
You
are its world. 
Today knows as much as a newborn.
I saw the birth, from its mother sky and its father sun.
They handed him over to us 
and stood watching. 
What do I tell the day,
destined to grow weary.
Before night comes 
and it falls
once again into the sea, 
the days looks to me 
with the eyes of a newborn.
What will you tell me of the world ? 
of
You

Two days ago I woke up quite early, my eyes opened on their own at 4AM and I thought what can be done. I had this thought that the unborn day doesn't know anything about me or what yesterday was. Do I have to be careful of what I tell today about the world and me? 

Comments