Schegrueling

That's what I call it.  An actor faces schegrueling when weeks after an audition you suddenly learn that yes, you have been called back and you are elated and then soon after you realize that you have other opportunity coming up at the same time.  Now it's between the callback that may lead to casting, but then there is that opportunity that you already have, but you know the former is more attractive.  Why does it happen like that? I don't know.  And you have no time, you must decide, you must negotiate, you must be tactful.  Even after all the schegreuling, no matter how well you plan, you must accept that fact that unfortunately there is only one of you.  What does ease this process is, open communication, NOT waiting forever to let people know that you may be in the process of making up your mind and I guess have a process of elimination.  I commend the people who have learned to prioritize what opportunities to jump on and which to hold off on.  But I guess that comes with experience and knowing your industry more, knowing how this city works more.  I will say I am glad to be in a situation to be able to make a choice, big or small.  Back to schegreuling.

Comments